2010 - 2013.
Vans Bowl-A-Rama Bondi event production.
Bondi Beach, Australia.
In a nutshell our role was to coordinate and produce all event components that were required of Vans (naming rights sponsor for the event). This meant liaising between Vans Australia, Vans Asia Pacific and Frontside Events regarding the competition itself in addition to all the Vans side events, travel requirements and promotional appearances. Some of these tasks include:
- Build itineraries for international guests and team riders
- Welcome packs
- Vans side events and parties
- Team signings
- Media day scheduling with Pro riders
- Artwork, printing and production for event signage
- Event activations
- Liaise with webcast crew and organise Vans TVC's from Vans USA
- MC notes and giveaways
- Daily videos
Vans Bowlarama Bondi is a World Cup Skateboarding (WCS) sanctioned event held on Sydney’s iconic Bondi Beach. Held annually, this free public event attracts rotating crowds of 5000+ in one day and is accompanied by a global webcast and live coverage on Fuel TV.
In addition to the WCS competition Vans Bowl-A-Rama hosts a week of side events including art exhibitions, live music and parties. The event is renowned for bringing together some of the most recognised names in international skateboarding, locals, tourists and infamous names of the Australian skate industry.
We've had the pleasure of watching Bowl-A-Rama grow year-on-year from our first involvement in 2009. Vans took on naming rights sponsorship in 2010 which brought with it significant support from Vans global. In addition to increased PR and marketing support from all Vans regions, the introduction of a live webcast assisted in shifting the event from local legend to a globally celebrated bowl-riding institution.
CLAIMS TO FAME
- Introducing daily recap videos, shared globally through Vans networks to showcase the event to audiences outside Bondi:
watch 2013 episodes,
watch 2012 episodes,
- Introducing lifestyle photography to document all the happenings and people outside the skatebowl
- Key involvement in the first ever live webcast (global)
- Welcome parties for the Vans global team and US skate teams
- Vans Half Cab 20th Anniversary party event coordination (video right)
- Media features (listed right)
Vans Bowl-A-Rama 2010-2013 was incredibly memorable and an amazing series to be a part of. A special shoutout to all the great people we met through the international Vans family. Seriously good times.